SMG Bartender in Richmond, Virginia
DEPARTMENT: SMG Savor-Richmond Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt- Part Time-Hourly
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has immediate openings for Part Time Bartender at its Richmond Facilities -- Richmond Coliseum, Dominion Arts Center, and Altria Theater. Under direction of the Director of Food & Beverage and/or Banquet Event Manager, the Part Time Bartender member's primary responsibilities include the following functions in accordance with SMG policies.
- Greets all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness.
- Serves alcoholic beverages in an appropriate manner consistent with company standards and liquor laws.
- Answers guest questions regarding food, beverages and our facilities accurately and in a friendly manner.
- Does side work during non-busy hours.
- Speaks to guests with enthusiasm at all times.
- Develops relationships with guests.
- Provides the highest level of service in accordance with our standards.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Communicates with food and beverage staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Reports to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to be in position.
- Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers.
- Follows checklists and standard operating procedures.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Performs duties as assigned.
- Maintains full knowledge of menus and other pertinent information.
- Constantly increasing knowledge of food, beverages and other products and services.
- Ensures that guests have a positive and memorable experience.
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization and proper food handling.
- Prepares work area for either opening, mid-shift or closing in accordance with company standards.
- Punches clock in full uniform, ready to work and no earlier than ten minutes prior to shift.
- Receives and handles cash and/or beverage tickets.
- Requests identification for all guests who appear to be 35 years of age or younger
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some experience bartending preferred.
- Ability to handle high stress situations
- Ability to read and understand English
- Clear Credit Screen required for Cash Handling Positions
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years serving experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- All persons handling alcohol must be at least 21 years of age.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled