SMG Cook in Richmond, Virginia
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage Department
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef/ Director of Food & Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Part-Time Hourly
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Cook with SMG Richmond. SMG Richmond manages the Richmond Coliseum, Altria Theater, Dominion Energy Center and Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an organized and sanitary work station at all times.
- Follow approved recipes and production standards.
- Properly label and dates food items for storage.
- Maintain and organize storage rooms, refrigerators and freezers.
- Minimize waste by controlling overage and usage.
- Assemble and complete final production of hot and cold food items.
- Assist with plating of catered meals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of all major kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Must be able to identify and properly use all kitchen small wares.
- Strong knowledge of state health codes and sanitation standards.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to execute large functions.
- Ability to work extended hours productively.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a cook's position.
- Minimum of one year of experience in banquet operations.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. for up to 5 minutes at a time.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping.
- Constant reaching, handling products.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- 15-30 hours per week on average
- Irregular hours including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays as determined by event schedule.
- Extended hours may be required, as determined by event schedule.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at our SMG online Career Site
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 804-592-3395
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled