City of Richmond - Utilities Customer Care Specialist in Richmond, Virginia
The purpose of the class is to provide quality customer service in a fast pace, progressive 311 and combination utility Call Center. The class is responsible for resolving, researching and addressing a multitude of citizen and customer issues with varying degrees of complexity such as customer questions, complaints, billing inquiries; negotiating payment arrangements; discussion and referral to various sources of fuel assistance and other programs for qualifying customers. The class works according to departmental procedures, and compliance with Federal Regulations 49 CFR 192.350, Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and the Fair and Accurate Transactions (FACT) Act, but is empowered to interpret and apply procedures based upon individual circumstances with minimal general supervision.
- Exercised: Classification typically supervises.
- Received:Typically, reports to the Customer Service Supervisor.
- Note*: Other reporting relationships may apply*
Example of Duties:
Hiring Range: Up to $33,675
The Department of Utilities is seeking an experienced and detail oriented customer service professionals to fill multiple openings as a Customer Care Specialist in the Customer Care Center.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Responding to customer questions, requests, inquiries, complaints and safety concerns via the telephone, email, correspondences or in person with appropriate resolutions, and results;
- Negotiating payment arrangements on delinquent accounts, and establishing customers on budget plans;
- Establishing/Creating customer accounts utilizing an FCRA complaint credit reporting process, and service orders, including gas and water emergencies, for a multitude of customer requests for new and existing customers for all gas, water, sewer, storm water utilities and related issues;
- Identifying and reporting potential identity thefts in accordance with Departmental procedures to comply with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions (FACT) Act;
- Calculating and processing appropriate adjustments to customer accounts;
- Creating, researching, resolving and closing various ticket inquires in the "Citizens Request" system;
- Performing special research on complex customer billing issues, such as tax and utility bills;
- Working on assigned special project teams within the City, DPU or 311 Customer Care;
- Monitoring account activity for possible fraudulent account activity, such as theft of service or identity theft;
- Managing customer account data records by adding new records, andmaintaining and revising existing account records;
- Mentoring and assisting in the training of new associates;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Incumbent serves as an essential employee, which means that the incumbent is required to work when the City is closed due to public emergencies, critical or hazardous conditions, or inclement weather.
This position is subject to work overtime, nights, weekends and/or on-call as needed.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- High School Diploma, GED and formal training and/or special courses thatare equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education;
- Requires one year of related experience in a Customer Call Center environment;
- No Special License or Certification required.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis; also requires routine keyboard operations.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS*:*Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
This job risk exposure to no known environmental hazards.
SENSORY REQUIREMENTS*:*Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity, hearing and speaking.
The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Job Title: Customer Care Specialist
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 03/18/18 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $10.62 - $24.78 Hourly $22,081.00 - $51,547.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Public Utilities, 730 East Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia
Department: Public Utilities