City of Richmond - Utilities Customer Service Supervisor - Call Center in Richmond, Virginia
The purpose of the class is to supervise staff and oversee customer service for the assigned department. The class is responsible for analyzing, developing, implementing and evaluating customer service processes and procedures. The class works within broad policy and organizational guidelines, independently plans and implements projects; reports progress of major activities through periodic conferences and meetings.
Supervision: *Exercised:Classification typically supervises; * Received:*Incumbent reporting relationship is based on department; * Note:**Other reporting relationships may apply.
Example of Duties:
The Department of Utilities is seeking an experienced and detail oriented customer service professional to fill the position of Customer Service Supervisor in the Customer Care Center.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing day-to-day support to call center staff;
- Monitoring and evaluating employee performance;
- Developing and executing coaching plans based on employee's need and as directed by the call center Leadership team;
- Meeting with employees to review performance goals and communicate policies and procedures;
- Following up with employees to ensure that they meet all call center expectations with a focus on quality and call handling;
- Identifying training gaps and making recommendations for performance improvements;
- Creating and maintaining a motivating and positive working environment;
- Utilizing call center technology and reports to effectively assess employee and team's performance;
- Investigating and resolving escalated customer inquiries;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Incumbent serves as an essential employee, which means that the incumbent is required to work when the City is closed due to public emergencies, critical or hazardous conditions, or inclement weather.
This position is subject to work overtime, nights, weekends and/or on-call as needed.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Requires Associate's degree, vocational technical degree or training that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of two years of college education;
- Requires three years of experience;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification;
- No Special License or Certification required.
- At least three (3) years of supervisory experience;
- At least three (3) years of experience working in a call center environment.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS: Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves sustained keyboard operations and may involve exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
The job risks exposure to no environmental hazards.
SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, and speaking.
ADA COMPLIANCE The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Job Title: Customer Service Supervisor - Call Center
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 03/25/18 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $19.05 - $31.29 Hourly $39,620.00 - $65,074.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Public Utilities, 730 East Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia
Department: Public Utilities