City of Richmond - Utilities Event Production Worker (Seasonal) - Stage Technician/ Costumer in Richmond, Virginia
The purpose of this class is to work within the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Facilitates in all areas of technical theater ranging from electrics to costumes. The class works according to set procedures under direct supervision or may supervise others.
Example of Duties:
The City of Richmond Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities is seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position of Event Production Worker - Stage Technician/Costumer****for the Festival of Arts at Dogwood Dell.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing dressing, construction, and/or refurbishment of costumes for in-house productions;
- Assisting dance programs and other performanceswith costumes;
- Working with designers and other areas to create complete characters;
- Maintaining costumes and workspace;
- Possibly working outdoors for extended periods of time, under extreme conditions;
- Performing other duties as assigned.?
**_Please check your e-mail regularly, as correspondence in reference to this recruitmentwill be e-mailed if you are selected for an interview._**
The City of Richmond Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities provides exceptional recreation and leisure programs to enhance the overall quality of life for the citizens and visitors to the City of Richmond; and strives to preserve, protect, maintain and improve all of its natural resources, parkland, community facilities and recreational opportunities for current and future generations.For more information about the department visit: http://www.richmondgov.com/Parks/index.aspx
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- A minimum of two (2) years basic theatrical training, appropriate specialty training and experience or equivalency
- Working knowledge of theatrical equipment and related power and pneumatic tools required
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proven technical theater experience in at least one or more of the following areas:electrics, sound, carpentry, costumes, and stage management Preferred Qualifications:
Proven technical theater experience in at least one or more of the following areas:electrics, sound, carpentry, costumes, and stage management
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires medium to heavy work that involves walking, standing, stooping, lifting, digging, pushing and raising objects and involves exerting between 20 to 50 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis and 50 to 100 pounds of force on an occasional basis. ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
The job may risk exposure to bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, vibration, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electrical shock, heights and toxic/caustic chemicals. SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception and texture perception. ADA COMPLIANCE:
The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Job Title: Event Production Worker (Seasonal) - Stage Technician/ Costumer
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 03/25/18 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $8.38 - $15.00 Hourly $670.00 - $1,200.00 Biweekly
Job Type: Temporary
Location: 1209 Admiral Street, Virginia
Department: Parks, Recreation & Community Facilities