SMG Production Assistant in Richmond, Virginia
Job Title: Production Assistant
Reports to: Production Manager /Dominion Energy Center
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under general direction of the Production Manager, the Production Assistant serves as the primary production support team member for auxiliary spaces at Dominion Energy Center & Altria Theater. Duties will include advancing events with clients. Production Assistant will create estimates, schedule technical personnel, security, house management, operations and housekeeping staff. This position will also support the main stages at Dominion Energy Center & Altria Theater as needs arise. This position requires prior experience with live audio production. A working knowledge of general stagecraft is required. Prior experience with video projection or theatrical lighting is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate events from concept to completion for which they are assigned.
- Schedule and supervise technical personnel for assigned events.
- Maintain all performance audio equipment.
- Coordinates the Operations activities with other departments and event related contractors to assure facility readiness and smooth operation of events.
- Supervise setup and changeover of all assigned venues.
- Coordinate Public Safety, Security, Custodial Service and Parking needs.
- Compile and distribute the Production Calendar
- Work with the production team to maintain all theatrical systems.
- Responsible for purchasing all expendables needed for the venues.
- This position will also work with the Operations Manager to help coordinate the departments safety programs.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of digital audio consoles, audio networks, and IP network configuration.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Understanding of theatrical lighting.
- Understanding of video and projection equipment.
- Ability to meet the various physical demands of the job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting up to 75lb unassisted, carrying, moving, climbing, working safely from various heights, and exposure to moderate to loud noises.
- Operate a personal computer using the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and other related computer based programs relevant to the position.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor's Degree in theater or other production field, or a minimum of 2 years' experience in similar facility.
Additional experience may be substituted for education.
Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk extensively; occasionally required to kneel, climb ladders and stairs to high walkways, or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds unassisted.
This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
Applications must be submitted online at:
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact:
HR Generalist -- 804-592-3395
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled