SMG Production House Crew in Richmond, Virginia
The Hourly Production Staff will work with the Production Managers to supply superior production services for our clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess advanced working knowledge of general theater practices and principles.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and to work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, all levels of employees, Board of Directors, volunteers, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Applicants with specialties in theatrical lighting, live sound, and fly systems are of interest.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other related standard office equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
No certifications are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the physical ability to maneuver around all areas of the facility at times walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily.
- Must be able to hear and speak to use a two-way radio.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
- Ability to work at heights or from a man lift
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds is required for this position.
- All other duties deemed necessary by the Production Manager
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position nor does it confer any contractual right, either express or implied, to remain in the company's employ.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled