Capital One Production Support Specialist in Richmond, Virginia
Knolls 2 (12036), United States of America, Glen Allen, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Production Support Specialist
As a Senior Production Support Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating production support activities for all major systems and related subsystems. As an essential member of the team, your responsibilities involve a deep technical understanding of architecture and environments supported.
• Strong working knowledge on Unix, Windows, AIX platforms and skills needed to understand the issues.
• Leverage structured problem solving skills to coordinate multi-disciplinary problem resolution (involving the appropriate resources and making fixes as quickly as possible) and work with Problem management to ensure procedures are followed and all problems within scope are documented and closed appropriately including root cause analysis.
• Enforcing existing process guidelines.
• Ensures that adequate monitoring is in place for applications within the portfolio.
• Monitoring operating efficiency of existing application systems.
• Maintains system support documentations and Maintains inventory of applications and associated artifacts (DR plans, contingency plans, support guides, CIs, etc.).
• Contributes to IT standards development and enforcement.
• Drives the resolution of incidents, involves the appropriate resources and ensures fixes are implemented as quickly as possible.
• Identify reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
• Communicates to business and technical partners on incidents as they occur when they impact system performance or availability.
• Establishing cross-training initiatives within the team to provide enhanced support capability.
•Continue to develop and demonstrate thorough understanding of supported business processes and underlying technology.
•Position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written since position's audience includes technical, project and business resources.
•Must be proficient at managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
•Position requires knowledge and hands-on support using Java, Scala, Python, Docker containers, Spark, Kafka & AWS.
•Bachelor's Degree or Military experience.
•At least 5 years of Production support experience.
•At least 2 years of experience with building or maintaining Data applications using Open source software like Spark and Kafka.
•At least 2 years of experience in Java based software application development or maintenance.
•At least 1 year of Agile experience.
•2+ years' experience with Data Engineering concepts.
•Experience with developing and deploying applications on Cloud, preferably on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
•Experience which scripting languages like Shell and Python.
•2+ years’ experience in supporting applications using APIs.
•Familiarity with Configuration management tools like Ansible or Chef.
•Familiarity with Application Container concepts using tools like Docker.
•Certified in one of the following: Java, Spring or AWS technologies.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.