SMG PT Operations Staff in Richmond, Virginia
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-time Facility Assistant at Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center in Richmond, VA. The venue is a state of the art facility designed for the Washington Redskins to utilize during their three week training camp. Year round the facility hosts a wide variety of both public and private events including sports, corporate, social and nonprofit events. We are seeking a unique candidate to join our team. Potential candidates will assist during Washington Redskins Training Camp; including preparing the facility for the team and post event repairs for the tenants to return post camp. Details of the position are as follows:
Under direct supervision of the General Manager, this position will support venue use including playing fields/ grounds as well as specified event space within the venue. In addition, said candidate will handle operational needs for facility tenants including changing light bulbs, basic plumbing, cleaning, set up tear down, outdoor maintenance, etc. related to managing the facility
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assisting with fulfillment, preparation of events by assisting set up and enforcing facility policies and procedures.
- Maintain high standards with relation to condition of the facility both interior and exterior. This includes preparing for weather based on the season. Includes oversight of park, fields and parking lot areas.
- Coordinate the set up of the playing field for all events that come through the facility, i.e. Field lining, tarp management, etc
- Monitor in-house events, maintaining close contact with facility staff to ensure successful events. Follows-up on all client requests, concerns and problems.
- Assist with facility set-up/clean up both interior and exterior
- Handle small in house maintenance including painting, changing light bulbs, cleaning etc.
- Work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, based on schedule
Assist with all other facility projects as needed.
All other duties as assigned.
Position requires ability to:
- Engaging, articulate, service oriented candidate with attention to detail and experience with events
- Organized and able to support an event from start to finish
- Must be able to multitask with an ability to prioritize duties
- Agile and able to work in an outdoor environment as needed
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Ensuring and following safety measures at all times
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- 2 or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Excellent verbal, written, problem solving and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to interact with all levels of staff and clients.
- Must have professional attitude and appearance.
- Excellent work history and attendance record. Possess and maintain a valid driver's license, must have and maintain excellent driving record and have reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the physical ability to maneuver around all areas of the facility at times walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily.
- Ability to lift objects weighing approximately 25 lbs to shoulder level
- Work outside the facility will be required, may have some exposure to adverse conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers; internal and external
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled