HEPACO Richmond - Environmental Tech II_CDL-A (Richmond) in Richmond, Virginia
Reports To: Foreman/Project Supervisor
Primary Purpose: Under general supervision, performs a range of task required for industrial service operations to include but not limited to, tank cleaning, pipeline maintenance, manual remediation services, waste bulking, and/or demolition services, in accordance with established company policies and procedures. Essential Functions:
- Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities and donning protective gear
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles, trailers and watercraft
- Operate routinely used tools and equipment to include, but not limited to steam cleaners, water lasers, cascade systems, chemical mixers, generators, air saws, drills, grinders, cutting torches, etc.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained, repaired and in maximum operating condition
- Perform physical labor associated with cleanup activities, sample collection, waste removal and other remediation services
- Warehouse maintenance, stock supplies, building maintenance
- Complete required paperwork, forms and records as required
- Drive trucks, tankers and other vehicles requiring a CDL
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Must be able to interpret and follow written and oral instructions and assignments
- Must maintain an active Commercial Drivers License with Haz-Mat and Tank Endorsement with excellent driving history
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- High school diploma or GED preferred
Required Training: 8-hour safety orientation, 40-hour HAZWOPER training
Physical Demands: Must be able to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment and annual physical examination as required under HEPACO’s Medical Surveillance Program. Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and kneeling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds or more with assistance.
Work Environment: In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety standards, including the occasional use of a respirator. Must be willing and able to enter into and work in confined and dark spaces, as well as in small boats, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time. Frequent travel is required.
Job Title: Richmond - Environmental Tech II_CDL-A (Richmond)
Location: Richmond - Richmond, VA 23234 US (Primary)
Education: High School