City of Richmond - Utilities Social Services Case Manager - Adult Day Reporting Center in Richmond, Virginia
The purpose of the class is to render supportive services for children and families through the utilization of government assistance programs. The class is responsible for gathering and analyzing data through coordination with the courts and government programs and services concerning treatment and client progress. The class works within a general outline of work to be performed and develops work methods and sequences under general supervision.
Supervision: Exercised: Classification typically does not supervise. Received: Note: Other reporting relationships may apply function
Example of Duties:
The City of Richmond-Department of Justice Services is seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position of Social Service Case Manager at the Adult Day Reporting Center (DRC). The DRC is an alternative to incarceration program designed to divert offenders from jail into a community alternative, while maintaining public safety. The goal is to effectively supervise and treat offenders by addressing their identified criminogenic risks and needs. The desired outcomes for participants are: to reduce recidivism, to satisfy all court obligations, address behavioral health treatment needs, obtain employment/job readiness, and be accountable for the harm committed to the community by giving service.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing supervision/treatment plans. The incumbent works closely with local judges, commonwealth's attorney, public/defense counsel, jail administrator and local/state probation and parole. Work is performed jointly with clinical supervisor with general supervision from the Program Manager.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administering actuarial-based risk/need assessments e.g. LSI, COMPASS or OST.
- Conducting regular supervision meetings with clients to discuss progress of supervision/treatment plans
- Conducting weekly MRT groups for participants
- Interacting frequently with clinicians to ensure client treatment compliance
- Preparing reports for court hearings relative to client's adjustment in the program
- Providing court testimony as ordered by judges
- Conducting random urine screens
- Addressing non-compliance issues immediately and carrying out swift client disciplinary actions in accordance with court requirements and agency policies and procedures
- Documenting all contacts, services, and referrals in the electronic case record and organize supporting documentation in hard file
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Requires Bachelor's degree or training equivalent to four years of college education in business, liberal arts, or any related field.
- Requires one year of customer service and/or Human Service experience.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
Valid Virginia Driver's license required. Preferred Qualifications:
Experience working in a community-based therapeutic treatment programs
- Two (2) or more years of experience
- Significant experience using a client treatment-centered database
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis and routine keyboard operations. ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
The job risks exposure to wet or humid conditions. SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, speaking and depth perception. ADA COMPLIANCE
The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Job Title: Social Services Case Manager - Adult Day Reporting Center
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 03/18/18 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $16.63 - $27.31 Hourly $1,330.35 - $2,185.12 Biweekly $34,589.00 - $56,813.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 730 East Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia
Department: Justice Services