WestRock Supply Chain Co in Richmond, Virginia
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Supply Chain Co-op, Fall 2018 - Richmond VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
The WestRock Consumer Packaging Supply Chain team provides world class customer service, asset planning and scheduling, inventory management, and systems and data support for the various lines of business within the Consumer Packaging segment. The Supply Chain teams works daily to ensure the best customer experience while managing the total cost to serve. The Supply Chain intern would support these goals in several potential capacities including (but not limited to): data analytics, project management, inventory management, or direct ownership of efforts that affect customer care or the reduction of cost. The nature of roles and responsibilities for this assignment can take various forms depending on the skillset, interests, eagerness of the candidate, and immediate needs of the business
How you will impact WestRock:
As the Supply Chain Intern/Co-op, you will support the organization through various assignments and/or projects that will ideally be completed within the timeframe of the assignment. Areas of focus include:
- Learning and understanding supply chain goals, analytics, and how Supply Chain performance can be impacted.
- Supporting inventory, scheduling, or customer service members in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to drive key decisions
- Identifying significant problems and performing RCA (root cause analysis) exercises
- Supporting tasks as needed to meet urgent customer demands
- Owning projects in need of short term coordination
- Process Mapping and learning/utilizing lean/six sigma tools
- Occasional development of websites/pages and data visualization solutions
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in-process
- Excellent proficiency MS Excel. MS PowerPoint experience a plus.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Highest levels of integrity and a professional work style
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take direction and gather information from various sources to produce desired outcomes
- Ability to converse with multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to work in a team environment
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Supply Chain Co