City of Richmond - Utilities Swimming Pool Manager (Seasonal) in Richmond, Virginia
The purpose of the class is to maintain City swimming facilities and supervise pool personnel. The class is responsible for the operation, maintenance and safety compliance of swimming pools. The class works within a general outline of work to be performed, and develops work methods and sequences under general supervision.
Example of Duties:
The City of Richmond Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities is seeking a highly qualified candidates to fill the position of Lifeguard (Seasonal). The incumbent is responsible formonitoring the compliance of all policies and procedures by staff and the general public for safe, quality aquatics services. This is a seasonal assignment scheduled to begin March 2018 through September 2018.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising all assigned pool staff
- Maintainingcorrect waterchemistry balance in accordance toset standards
- Monitoring patrons andenforcing facility rules and regulations to preventinjuries
- Providingbi-weekly in-service trainingto staff
- Creating work schedulesand submittingtime sheets on time
- Ensuring safe and proper operation of the entire aquatics facility
- Overseeing cleaning and general swimming pool maintenance
- Ensuring that all pumps, filter and other pool equipment are in working condition
- Following emergency action plan and procedures in the event of an emergency
- Providing swim lessons as needed
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Conducting scheduled pool chemical checks
*_Candidates submitting applications for this position must complete a MANDATORY swimming assessment to be considered for employment. Further details regarding the assessment will be shared with applicants through e-mail at a later date._*
The City of Richmond Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities provides exceptional recreation and leisure programs to enhance the overall quality of life for the citizens and visitors to the City of Richmond; and strives to preserve, protect, maintain and improve all of its natural resources, parkland, community facilities and recreational opportunities for current and future generations.For more information about the department visit: http://www.richmondgov.com/Parks/index.aspx
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Requires high school, GED or specialized vocational training
- One (1) or more years of experience with at least three (3) months as a head lifeguard
Current Lifeguard Certification (American Red Cross or YMCA), CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Standard First Aid. Water Safety Instructor (WSI) preferred Preferred Qualifications:
Completion of some college level education
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience with at least two (2) years of experience as a Head Lifeguard or Assistant Pool Manager
- Current Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification
- Current Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires light work that involves walking or standing most of the time and involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis; skill, adeptness and speed in the use of fingers, hands or limbs on repetitive operation of mechanical machinery and tools within moderate tolerances or limits of accuracy. ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
The job may risk exposure to bright/dim light, wet or humid conditions, fume and/or noxious odors, disease/pathogens, toxic/caustic chemicals and violence. SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception and sense of smell. ADA COMPLIANCE:
The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Job Title: Swimming Pool Manager (Seasonal)
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $15.62 - $25.32 Hourly $1,249.69 - $2,025.69 Biweekly $32,492.00 - $52,668.00 Annually
Job Type: Temporary
Location: 1209 Admiral Street, Virginia
Department: Parks, Recreation & Community Facilities