SMG Ticket Seller in Richmond, Virginia
POSITION: Ticket Seller
DEPARTMENT: Box Office
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager
FLSA STATUS: Part-Time
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-Time Ticket Seller at its Richmond Facilities to include Dominion Arts Center, Richmond Coliseum, and Altria Theater. This position is responsible for the sale of tickets to shows and events at each venue.
- Opens and or closes ticket window as required.
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
- Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets.
- Completes daily ticket sales report. Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office supervisor or manager for audit.
- Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles Will-Call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
- Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating and events. Gives information concerning coming attractions.
- Files various records and reports. Performs related clerical work as assigned.
- Ability to count money, make change accurately
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Ability to input data into a computer to record sales transactions
- Good communications skills. Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Able to read and interpret written information
- Good problem solving skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Good customer service skills and sense of public relations
- Ability to work the ticket window with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
- Must have daytime availability as well as willing to work flexible nights, weekends, and holiday's as needed.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Box office or guest services background preferred -- Retail and Customer Service Experience
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled