Virginia State Government Licensed Practical Nurse (part-time) in Williamsburg, Virginia
Hourly No Benefits
Eastern State Hospital, located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentional emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state of the art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 900. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. ESH invites applications for the position of a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Reporting directly to the RNI, RN II, RN Manager I, or Administrator, duties and responsibilities consist of the following: 1. Provide quality nursing care to psychiatric and geropsychiatric patients based on standards of nursing practice and care within scope of licensure. 2. Perform skilled patient centered nursing care to individual and groups of patients with complex mental and physical illnesses under the general supervision of a registered nurse. 3. Provide patient care such as administering medication and treatments, maintain patient records, promoting health and wellness education, and communicating for continuity of patient care. 4. Ensures quality and accuracy of treatment, documentation, and follow up as evidenced by up to date assessments, immunizations / TSTs, responses to new medications, range of blood glucose, etc. 5. Participates in the evaluation of quality management and performance improvement issues of nursing / clinical services on assigned unity by collection of data. 6. Manages scheduled impromptu educational groups to enhance aspects of patient health and knowledge. 7. Assist the Registered Nurse in carrying out unit administrative duties as assigned.
* _Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 757-208-7717 for assistance. Minorities, Individuals with disabilities, Veterans, and people with National Service experience are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA/TTY_*
Eastern State Hospital is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and prohibits discrimination of applicants and employees without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing standards and fundamentals including medication management and patient assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to lift, un-assisted, weights greater than 50 pounds, using proper lifting techniques.
- Must have High school graduate or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays, as necessary.
- Valid, unexpired Licensed Practical Nurse licensure.
- Experience caring for individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material.
- Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications.
- A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be received online by 11:59PM of the “Job Close Date”
- Applicants who list “see resume” in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration.
- Eastern State Hospital conducts background checks on candidate(s) identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form.
- Eastern State Hospital is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCE
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL NOT ACCEPTED.
Eastern State Hospital Human Resource Department 4601 Ironbound Road Williamsburg, VA 23188-2652
Working Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (part-time)
Role Title: Licensed Practical Nurse - 49111
Job Open Date: 04/13/2018
Job Close Date: 04/27/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: $15.61 - $20.19 / hr
Agency: Eastern State Hospital (704)
Agency Website: Click Here for Agency Website
Location: Williamsburg - 830
Position Number: 20034
Job Posting Number: 1036724
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Hourly/Wage
Job Type Detail: Wage Non-Faculty- W-1
Pay Band: 03