Virginia State Government Nurse Practitioner in Williamsburg, Virginia
Eastern State Hospital (ESH), located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentional emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state of the art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 900. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. ESH invites applications for the position of the Nurse Practitioner.
Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Director, duties and responsibilities consist of the following:
- Provide patient care (i.e. examinations, evaluations, diagnosis and treatment) of psychiatric and medical illnesses in collaboration with a physician.
- Work with the multidisciplinary treatment team to ensure development, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment.
- Ensures medical record compliance in regard to state, federal regulations, TJC standards and other accrediting bodies or agencies.
- Provide on-call (MOD) practitioner providing continuous medical coverage as needed.
- Provide DSM-5 Diagnoses that are valid.
- Prescribe medications at the lowest effective dose in accordance with rational psychopharmacological practices.
- Assess and address medication side-effects and report adverse drug reactions.
- Attends detention order hearing on campus based on assigned population.
* Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 757-208-7717 for assistance. Minorities, Individuals with disabilities, Veterans, and people with National Service experience are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA/TTY*
Eastern State Hospital is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and prohibits discrimination of applicants and employees without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical standards and fundamentals.
- Current, unexpired Virginia Board of Nursing and the Virginia Board of Medicine and Nursing to practice as a Certified Nurse Practitioner with Prescriptive Authority.
- Current, unexpired DEA registration.
- Graduate from an approved / accredited nursing program and an approved / accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Demonstrated ability to examine, evaluate, diagnose and treat psychiatric and mental illnesses.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multidisciplinary treatment teams ensuring development, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment.
- Skilled in the use of technology, software, and resources to assist and aid in the course of daily medical responsibilities.
- Skilled in documenting in the medical record and articulating and interacting with patients and others regarding clinical / administrative concerns or issues.
- Ability to serve as an on-call practitioner when scheduled and as needed. .
- Comprehensive experience with Psychiatry and/or geriatric populations.
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing the background check (Virginia State Police and FBI) and the drug screen test.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Eastern State Hospital is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
Eastern State Hospital Human Resource Department 4601 Ironbound Road Williamsburg, VA 23188-2652
Working Title: Nurse Practitioner
Role Title: Rn III/Nurse Prct II - 49114
Job Open Date: 04/16/2018
Job Close Date: 05/04/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: Negotiable, commensurate with experience.
Agency: Eastern State Hospital (704)
Agency Website: Click Here for Agency Website
Location: Williamsburg - 830
Position Number: 00808
Job Posting Number: 1036818
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: 06