Virginia State Government Registered Nurse Senior (part-time) in Williamsburg, Virginia
Hourly – No Benefits
Eastern State Hospital, located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentional emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state of the art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 900. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. ESH invites applications for the position of Registered Nurse Sr.
Reporting directly to the Registered Nurse Coordinator (RNC) – Unit Manager, duties and responsibilities consist of the following:
- Review, assess and plan patient care
- Collect baseline data from patients utilizing principles of medical / psychiatric nursing and concepts from nursing and other theories that identify factors affecting patient care.
- Analyze ongoing data to determine patient acuity level and changing need of nursing care; supervise healthcare professionals in completion of this responsibility.
- Establish patient plan of care with expected outcomes for planned nursing interventions, both long and short term.
- Participate in treatment planning and patient teaching programs, and establish attainable, realistic planning metrics.
- Supervise and provide direct patient care.
- Assist in evaluating nursing services on assigned unit.
Currently offering a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus to those new to state service.
Eastern State Hospital is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and prohibits discrimination of applicants and employees without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.
- Significant demonstrated knowledge of nursing standards and fundamentals.
- Current, unexpired Virginia license to practice as a Registered Nurse; multi-state compact endorsement accepted.
- Significant demonstrated ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care utilizing knowledge of pharmacology, psychiatric and physical disorders and cultural needs of the psychiatric patient.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Skilled in the use of technology, software, and resources to assist and aid in the course of daily health care responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise the work of others and provide professional level guidance on performance and expectations.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution of higher education, work experience may substitute education.
- Comprehensive experience with Psychiatry and/or geriatric populations.
- Earned Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material.
- Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications.
- A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be received online by 11:59PM of the “Job Close Date.”
- Applicants who list “see resume” in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration.
- Eastern State Hospital conducts background checks on candidate(s) identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form.
- Eastern State Hospital is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
Eastern State Hospital Human Resource Department 4601 Ironbound Road Williamsburg, VA 23188-2652
Working Title: Registered Nurse Senior (part-time)
Role Title: Rn II/Nurse Prct I/Phy Asst - 49113
Job Open Date: 04/13/2018
Job Close Date: 04/27/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: $25.13 - $30.54 / hr
Agency: Eastern State Hospital (704)
Agency Website: Click Here for Agency Website
Location: Williamsburg - 830
Position Number: 20048
Job Posting Number: 1036733
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Hourly/Wage
Job Type Detail: Wage Non-Faculty- W-1
Pay Band: 05